All litters receive the proper vaccines and are examined by our veterinarian prior to going to their new homes. We guarantee our kittens are FeLV and FIV negative, and are in sound health when they leave our home. We also guarantee that all of our breeding adults are genetically clear for the primary gene involved in early onset heart disease in cats.
Currently we sell all of our Maine Coons as pets. In the future we may expand to show and breeding options.
- Silver August kittens may go to their new homes after they are 12 weeks old.
- All Silver August kittens will have been given appropriate vaccinations prior to leaving our home; they will have been dewormed; they will have been examined by our veterinarian.
- All Silver August kittens are placed with a written contract, including a health guarantee.
- Current prices of pet kittens: $1,200
- A kitten may be reserved with a $500 deposit and will be due 30 days before homing.
- Deposits are non-refundable and must be used to acquire a kitten from the current litters available at the time of the deposit.
- We do not take reservations or deposits for unborn kittens.
- We only refund the kitten deposit if we, for some reason, are not able to supply a kitten from the current litter(s).
Terms for Prospective Owner
- The kitten must be indoor-only, outdoor cat safe enclosure, or leashed trained.
- The kitten must be spayed or neutered between 6 and 10 months.
- The kitten may not be declawed, neither back nor front.
- The kitten must be fed a high-quality diet, high in meat (not fish) protein.
- The kitten must receive regular veterinary care, including appropriate vaccines
Visiting our Cattery
Silver August does not have ‘business hours’ and we are not available for drop-in visits. This is our home, for us people types and the furry ones.
Steps to obtain one of our Kittens
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Like our Facebook Pages/Groups [Silver August] – [Just Maine Coons]
- Fill out our Kitten Application to be added to our waiting list
- 45 Days before kittens are ready we will be contacting accepted applications in order they are received.
- At this time you can give a verbal commitment or
- Ask to be “passed” for this litter (will do this only a limited # of times) or
- You may ask to be removed from the list
- A completed Kitten Contract must be filled out and received with your down payment 30 days before kitten “Home” date.
- 30 to 2 days before “Home” date, we may schedule a few video “conference calls” between you and your kitten and finalize details of the pickup if you wish.
- Day of “Homing” we will have scheduled a pickup place and you will receive a “care” package for your bundle of fur 🙂